Races are won or lost at the starting line, so make sure you come out ahead with a High Performance Ford C4 Torque Converter. Whether you are looking for a street, strip, racing, or just plain heavy duty converter, these units will deliver lasting performance in your Ford C-4 Automatic (with filler tube in the case). With features like welded internals, oversized bearings, and hardened hubs, you can rest assured that these torque converters are of the highest quality possible.
- 2500-2800 stall - 12" diameter, 24 spline
- Ford C-4 transmission - 10-1/2" bolt circle
All stall ranges will vary depending on the engine setup, vehicle weight, and gear ratios.
12" high stall converters are designed for S/B V-8 cars with performance camshafts and high ratio rear end gears (3.55-3.73 minimum).
Made in the U.S.A.
To learn about how torque converters work and what to consider when purchasing one, check out our tech article. Choosing the Right Torque Converter.
24 spline input shaft
Near stock mildly modified S/B V8 with 300 ft-lbs torque weighing 3000 to 3800 lbs for C-4 with 10 -+" Bolt Circle, and 1.375" pilot
Increased durability through the allowance of tighter tolerances and clean fit with transmission seals
- Welded Impeller
- Stronger pump fins to maintain stall speed over the life of the converter
- Heavy-Duty Stators
- Heat treated fins, sprag and race designed to efficiently handle high power loads
- Stator fins are formed, not cut - cut stators can cause severe slippage
- Rapidly dissipates heat - more power to the wheels
- Welded Turbines
- Pre-stressed before welding - more rigid construction
- Heat treated splines
- Aluminum Spacers
- Incorporates aircraft quality aluminum spacers which handle higher loads than fiber spacers found in standard converters
- Oversized Bearings
- High strength stamped bearings absorb shock and extreme abuse better than standard waffle bearings
- High Tech Welds
- Positive-charged, military grade MIG welds for complete fusion of the metal